Before we start, it’s worth pointing out that if you’re looking for any old job, this is probably not the place.
We understand that there may be times when looking for any old job is what’s needed, that’s life and we absolutely get that, however we need people who are specific about joining hula.
Apart from when we are recruiting for the short term (e.g. a festival project where we look to match our requirement with the applicants need for short-term work) we need people who share our goal of growing and developing with us over time. After almost 10 years in business we know that we need people who identify with our values, our reputation as an independent, our menu and its future development plus the quality and style of service. We need people who are passionate about the kind of excellent hospitality that hula offers.
When you join us, you begin a career in a place where people really care about your development, your skills, your health and your enjoyment of your work, even when it’s very demanding.
Our standards are high, it’s fast-paced; we joke that hula is not for the faint-hearted, and it’s not. Our team is a group of outstanding individuals who are rewarded with a great culture, opportunities, healthy food, excellent benefits and training.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY – FULL TIME KITCHEN ASSISTANT
Full-time kitchen assistant required for an immediate start. Guaranteed 35 hours/week and daytime shifts.
Hula is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and reliable kitchen assistant to join our small, friendly team. This is a flexible role that includes both food preparation and dishwashing duties in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate would have experience in food handling, customer service and an interest in fresh, healthy food.
Although experience is desirable, it is not essential. Having a passion for food, a great personality and good work ethic is just as important. Full training will be provided for the right candidate.
Key responsibilities include:
– Working with the lead chef to prepare dressings, breakfast bowls, sandwiches, wraps, salads and other simple food prep.
– Supporting the lead chef during busy breakfast/lunch services.
– Following Hula recipes and kitchen procedures.
– Being responsible for your section and making sure food prep targets are met.
– Following hygiene procedure and keeping the kitchen clean and tidy.
– Supporting the team by managing the washing up station.
This is a multi-faceted role that offers the opportunity for skill development and promotion.
This position could suit:
– An intermediate-level English speaker who wants to improve their language skills in a busy, fun and professional environment.
– A motivated and hard-working student looking to gain experience in hospitality.
– A foodie with an interest in vegan/vegetarian/gluten free food who wants to gain kitchen experience.
Please apply via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a CV and a short note to say why you want to be part of the hulagang.