Before we start, it’s worth pointing out that if you’re looking for any old job in hospitality, this is probably not the place.
We understand that there may be times when looking for any old job is what’s needed, that’s life and we absolutely get that, however we need people who are specific about joining hula.
Apart from when we are recruiting for the short term (e.g. a festival project) we need people who share our goal of growing and developing with us over time. After almost 10 years in business we know that we need people who identify with our values, our reputation, our menu and the quality and style of service. We need people who are passionate about excellent hospitality.
When you join us, you begin a career in a place where people really care about your development, your skills, your health and your enjoyment of your work, even when it’s very demanding.
Our standards are high, it’s fast-paced; we joke that hula is not for the faint-hearted, and it’s not. Our team is a group of outstanding individuals who are rewarded with a great culture, opportunities, healthy food, excellent benefits and training.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY – HEAD CHEF
Full-time Head Chef required for an immediate start.
Hula is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and reliable head chef to join our small, friendly team. This is a senior role that includes food preparation, menu development and leading a team in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a fast-paced kitchen, and an interest in fresh, light & nourishing food. You’ll be passionate about café culture and creating a great customer experience. Most importantly, you’ll be keen to get stuck in with a great team – having a good work ethic is essential.
This position offers a guaranteed 35 hours/week contract (further hours negotiable if desired) and daytime shifts.
Key responsibilities include:
– Managing a small kitchen team
– Preparing fresh salads, smoothie bowls, sandwiches & wraps
– Leading a busy breakfast/lunch service
– Maintaining high-quality food and sticking to Hula procedures
– Maintaining health and hygiene standards at all times
– Managing orders and keeping on top of stock rotation
– Developing Hula’s menu by creating innovative & healthy new dishes
– Supporting the team by getting involved in customer service
This position could suit:
– A café chef/cook looking for a new challenge in a busy but fun kitchen.
– A restaurant chef/cook who wants to experience café culture with daytime hours.
– Someone with an interest in vegan/vegetarian/gluten free menus (think Ottolenghi-style food) and café culture, who also has good kitchen experience.
Hula invests in the right people – if you have a vibrant, motivated personality, work hard and can successfully lead a team we offer great prospects for career growth and development.
If you think you’re the right fit get in touch via email – email@example.com – with a CV, and let us know what you like about our menu and why you want to be part of the team.